Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Go for a carry


Surrobbie turns 10 this November and she just isn't as spry as she once was. She still loves to go with Buddy and I on our long walks but has a challenge making it the entire way. Because she doesn't like to stay home I would take her and then carry her when she got tired. Although she isn't a large dog she is a large Yorkie and carrying 10 pounds of Yorkie for very long isn't that easy to do. So I decided to do what any good Yorkie mom would do and I got her a carrier.

I went to PetsMart and looked for something I could strap on and carry her baby style. I didn't want a stroller although I considered it. Too bulky. They did have them though. Not all that expensive, about $80. However I opted for the strap on kind that she fits right into and I can carry her on my chest.

I ended up with a Outward Hound Pet Travel Gear pack. It straps on easily and I carry Surrobbie in the front. I was afraid that she wasn't going to like it but she has no problems with it at all. I just put her in it and she sits right down. I bought her the 10 to 20 pound size and it is nice and roomy for her. I am not sure though if a much bigger dog would really fit. Buddy is 16 pounds and I tried to fit him in it and there was no way.

You should see the funny looks I get when people see me carrying Surrobbie in the pack.

Love my Yorkie
Rachelle

No comments: