Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's up Yorkie?

Greetings:

I figured why I was talking about treats, my last post was about giving the Yorkies Peanut Butter on their treats, I also have another suggestion for fun and I think very healthy treats. Baby Carrots. My Yorkies love them. My little Yorkie Muffassa who passed away was a big fan of raw baby carrots. He just ate them down and begged for more. Surrobbie likes them however wants them cut into smaller pieces. Buddy loves them and will just take the whole baby carrot and munch away.

My vet recommended giving the Yorkies canned green beans. I treat a lot so she suggested a way to cut back on the calories was giving them green beans. They love them and I often mix a few green beans with their food to add bulk but not calories.

Most other veggies they are not all that fond of. I noticed that they don't tend to digest corn very well so I don't give them any.

They really are not too fond of fruit either. At times they will take a little but I think it is only because I am eating it.

Always keep in mind moderation in everything. Even too many carrots isn't a good thing.

Rachelle

No comments: